Plucker 1.2 Released
Well, it's finally here.. Plucker 1.2. Many thousands of hours went into making this release possible, through added code, testing, development, more testing, and releasing 13 beta versions for everyone to test. Here's a short list of what is now available in this version:
Windows binary-only version (zip, 1,313,685 bytes bytes)
POSIX binary-only version (bzip, 703,056 bytes)
Plucker 1.2 Documentation (bzip, 113,587 bytes)User stuff:
- One-click selection of category (Masakazu Matsumoto)
- Support for inlined images with a larger width than max line width (Masakazu Matsumoto)
- Added man pages for plucker-decode, plucker-dump, plucker-setup and pluck-comics (Michael Nordström)
- Support for sorting the databases according to name, date or size in both ascending and descending order (Michael Nordström)
- Support for strikethrough text (<s> and <strike>) (Michael Nordström)
- The date used in the memo with the copied URLs will now be in the ISO format (Chris Hawks)
- Support for alignment attribute in paragraph tags (Nick Vargish)
- Support for Visor's Flash Module (Michael Nordström with help from David Martin to test it)
- Narrow font added to the viewer (Michael Nordström using font created by Robert O'Connor)
- Support for gestures, i.e. the user can specify actions for the up, down, right, left and tap gestures, similar to button actions (Robert O'Connor)
- Added Danish translation (Claus Hindsgaul)
- Added Simplified Chinese translation (Danny Zeng)
- Added Polish translation (Tomasz Wójcik)
- Added Russian translation (Oleg V. Krulikovsky)
- Added Spanish translation (Gustavo Broos)
- Added Turkish translation (Tufan Oruk)
- Narrow fixed font (Robert O'Connor)
- Autoscroll support (Robert O'Connor)
- Color and greyscale icons for toolbar (Robert O'Connor)
- Support for preformatted text (i.e. the <pre> tag) (Michael Nordström)
- The default category of a document will be added to the list of categories if it's not already available and there is a free position in the list, otherwise the document will be assigned to Unfiled. Also made it possible to assign several default categories separated by ';' (Michael Nordström)
- Added <hr> parser support for size, align, and width (pixel and %) (Robert O'Connor)
- Added document name to Details (Michael Nordström, after a suggestion from Byron Collins)
- If no Plucker documents are available the viewer will go to the Document Library (instead of showing an alert an exit). (Michael Nordström)
- Optional owner-id protection added to Plucker documents, so that they will only open on a device with a matching owner-id. (Bill Janssen)
- VFS support added. The viewer will look for Plucker documents in /Palm/Programs/Plucker/, /Palm/Ebooks/, and /Palm/Launcher/ (Michael Nordström)
- Added word-wrap on a hyphen (Jamis Buck)
- Added option to set default launcher category for the viewer (Michael Nordström)
- Added option to update document list manually (Michael Nordström)
- Bug fix to avoid activating the control buttons during pen movements (Michael Nordström)
- Added new target, dist-manual, which will create a tar package for the HTML manual (Michael Nordström)
- Changed the layout of the viewer's source code (Michael Nordström)
- Added new configure options that can be used to disable the building of the Palm apps and/or the documentation (Michael Nordström)
- Added maintainer's Makefile used to build and release new packages. Note that if you use the code direct from CVS you have to run "make VERSION=<version>" to include a version string. (Michael Nordström)
- Added spec file for RPM package. (Michael Nordström)
- Configure script will check for more image tools and also select the default image parser (Bill Janssen)
- Changed debug printouts to use POSE's HostControl API (Max Bian)
- Added debug printouts to memo when running on PalmOS device (Michael Nordström)
- Removed TRG SDK requirement (not necessary after VFS support was added). (Michael Nordström)
- Applied patch found on the PalmZLib Sourceforge page. It adds a few checks for NULL pointers. (Michael Nordström)
The Plucker Team
Latest Plucker News
Wednesday July 9th 2003
Vade Mecum, the Pocket PC plucker document viewer, is now at vesion 0.25~ (but still alpha, since not all features have been implemented yet). T ...
Monday January 12th 2004
With Plucker, you can read any news or web pages you want on your Palm, at any time, simply by downloading the news from the Internet or your loca ...
Friday November 19th 2004
"Font Collector" is a program which runs on PalmOS® version 3.5 and up (some output formats require OS5) that converts fonts from many other fo ...
This website is 100% compliant with XHTML 1.0 Strict and uses valid CSS.
Only very minimal use of tables allows us to achieve this result.
Plucker runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Palm handheld devices, Windows Mobile devices and handheld devices powered by Linux.
Plucker is a Free Software project. We do this entirely in our spare time, to provide a great piece of software for you.
None of the Plucker developers get paid for their work on Plucker.